Sunday, April 10, 2005

My 1st Confirmation

Rg and Me

The day had come, I who have always taken Confirmation class for granted is on the verge of getting confirmed as a Catholic. I was damn nervous as we were told what to respond to his Grace the Archbishop Nicholas Chia only on the day itself. Throughout the whole week I was on a diet to try to be slim enough so that I would look nice for my Confirmation. In the end, I didn’t lose any weight.
In a matter of minutes I left for church with my God Father, Peter Derick Bartholomew Scully. We were hanging out at the foyer of the church together with some other hundred people consisting of Confirmants and their God Parents. The crowd of people there was unbelievable. We had all entered the small compact canteen of the church. Kenneth, the head of Catechism Teachers, started briefing us 40 minutes after I arrived about what we were suppose to do and say. Seemed easy for many, but not me. I was nervous to the brim. We entered the church as the choir started singing the opening song. We had reserved seats. During the mass, I could not concentrate incase I answered the Archbishop wrongly. Thank goodness when it was my turn, I managed to answer the Archbishop correctly as he placed the oil on my head. After mass, there was a reception and I took many photos with friends. After that I went home and had a dinner party with all my god parents…haha…. only 3. It was another memory which I will cherish foreva more.

Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 4/10/2005 09:07:00 pm