Monday, October 24, 2005

Dreams!


Flight


Soaring the limits of the sky, I was thrown back to reality. “Ring! Ring!” sounded my alarm clock. I hated this feeling of having to wake up early in the morning to fulfill my goal of the day, which was to complete the last minute touch ups of my latest invention so that the fantasy of flying will be converted to a reality.

As I entered my garage to take my invention onto the lush greenery of Mother Nature’s miracles, I stumbled upon my screwdriver, which I had misplaced yesterday. At last, the final turn of the screw and my invention is complete. If all my judgments were correct, I would be able to fly this baby in no time.

I entered the cockpit of the sophisticated machinery that took me years to build. It was the moment of truth. I could not believe my eyes how great it looked from the inside, as I never had the chance to give it a good look. After sitting comfortably on the pilot’s seat, I started the engine. It made a loud sound. However, within seconds, it failed. I was stunned. Could my dreams of flying fail me? With determination, I tried once again. The engine started to work together with the propellers of each wing. Enthusiasm to get this invention flying filled me to the brim.

The machine started to move forward. The loud sound of the engine attracted the attention of villagers around the area. Many started to crowd around the field with blank faces, unaware of what this monster was. After gaining momentum, I pulled the trigger for take off. It flew like a bird. People started to clap with excitement. I managed to accomplish my biggest dream, the dream to fly. The earth looked so much more beautiful from a bird’s eye view. It was magnificent as I saw all the villagers at different parts of my village pointing to the machine, the long stretch of greenery, wild animals in the forest, and the blue oceanic colour of the sea, which I had never traveled on before. I felt like God for that very second. All was left was naming this contraction . So, I decided to call it an Airplane.

Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 10/24/2005 10:38:00 pm