Sunday, July 22, 2007

Motivation

"....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..."

This weekend has indeed been a wonderful experience for me. Firstly, i hold no more grudge against he who shall not be named. haha! Well... It did not make me feel good. Apart from that, I've learnt the art of taking things with a pinch of salt. Criticisms, insults and backstabbing indeed does not solve anything. And I've learnt that negativity is the result of one's insecurities.

So, moses, my school's director, was talking to my group today about a few issues. And everything he said did make sense. And I was sitting there relating it to my life. It did get me thinking and I felt that it applies for most organisations. He is indeed a motivational speaker.

The camp was FUN! MARIMO! haha... Oh wells, hung out with Yumi, Froggy, Warren, Nick, Mark, Cherine, Jacen, Fiona and the rest of the pham alot. More than usual. They are one hack of a fun group of ppl man! I wanna invite them for HALLOWEEN! They will definitely dress-up.

We watched Akeelah and the Bee. Super motivational movie. You should go watch it. Made my perception on alot of things change.

I met alot of people at camp. I pulled alot of girls' hair. haha... Met these 2 girls, annabella and wan xing(forgive me if the spelling is wrong). I was annoyin them the most. They are from KC! haha... Then, this guy named Yong Wei. Pretty friendly dude who looses his eye bags after a 10min nap. haha! I danced the TP Design Mass Dance with Desiree. Super friendly sia! Damn fun to talk and disturb. haha! Then her friend, Shi smthng... haha! Im sorry, im not good with chinese names. Another funny gal. Then in Dempster's group, there is Kala, Kye, William and around 3 or 4 others whose name i can't remember. We played cherades and Truth or Dare at 3am. But before that, i hung out at the Audio room for a crash course on Audio by Matthew. Yumi, Warren, Rino and Froggy were there too. Watched Bianca Ryan's version of I'm Telling You I'm Not Going on YOUTUBE there.

This morning I had to rush to church in the morning so i couldnt hang out at the camp after I woke up.

Then, speaking of which, today we had a committee meeting. And another thing which helped solved the negativity in my life. We saw things in a different light. Or maybe me at least, and I literally thought, ya sia... why did I even think of things so negatively. Cos it was not negative at all. They made us really think, or mayb i did. I guess... fine.. i admit... i was very NEGATIVE about alot of stuff!

So, this weekend, got in touch with my two best friends(i got alot of bestfriends, wanna be one?) and I realised that it was me who kept creating barriers for me to be closer to them.... cos i did feel as if i was drifting from alot of things.

i guess in life, we do have our ups and our downs. But if you cant help yourself or do not have the will power to move on, no one can help you. People do care for you. It is all about being positive and facing your head up high. But when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!

Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 7/22/2007 08:06:00 pm