Monday, May 05, 2008
design orientation camp 08
DESIGN ORIENTATION CAMP
Well, i finally got someone who made a collage of some of the pics from camp. Credits to Veron for the collages. Credits to the Media Crew for the pics from camp. So, this post is gonna be long. HAHAHAHAHAHA. joke.
Day 1

This is the first camp i've been for where everyone was super duperly bonded. The camp was AWESOME with a capital AWESOME. I met new people and we all cliqued super duperly fast. Like for e.g. there is natt, joey and veron who i never really spoked to before the camp. And then during camp, we were Bffs. N it was as if we knew each other for a lifetime. Geez.. i missed the camp. For Amanda and Sarah, i got to know them during the meetings and all. Anyway, Day 1 was pretty slack. Didn't do much. But the bonding worked out with 2 thumbs up.

Day 2

Well... Day 2 was the actual start of the camp for the freshies. Natt and I were the emcees. I remember having a meeting that out jokes were too high standard for people who do not know us, so we had to lower it to "knock, knock". haahah... and we did not have chemistry. But the second day onwards, we really did have. Anyway, Natt and I went up on stage all dressed up and all. I recall Moses telling me that both of us were awesome and that we are naturals n all. A bit of ego boost there. I saw kathy there and everyone knew her on the first day cos of the SIA story thingy. hahahahahhahahaha.
Day 3

Sentosa day. We took the car at night and drove home first. AHHAHAHAH. Brought them over to see my place while i got my jeans for nightwalk which i forgot to bring. So in the car, it was Natt, Joey, Amanda, Sarah, Veron n I. 6 people in a tiny car. HAHAHA... sardines in a can. then, i got my jeans and all, then i realised i brought the wrong one. HHAAHHAHA. oh well, then it was off to sentosa for station games. I waited there for ages b4 the games started. I partnered Paul. Feel asleep while waiting. But it was fun. Then on the way back we found this really big fan like thing. Then we started posing like marilyn monroe and all. Then i did a wind blowing me away pose while joey held my legs. haha... super funny. Then, wenever the 6 of us left anywhere in the car, we would play a Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, and start acting like the white chicks. HAHAHA...
Day 4

Performance Night and Nightwalk.
Natt and I emceed again. It was funny. I ended up going backstage to take their costumes and wore it on. HAHAHAHA.... thus the pic above. Then they had best categories like best smile, best cheer and all that. Kathy won best cheer. Jared won best smile. but i can't remember the rest. hahahah! I remember there was one freshie which Natt and i thot were a guy and kept referring to her as him and all. Damn malu. Den we rushed for nightwalk. was suppose to be this kid who played with the acid from the photograph thingy then i got corroded. The total wait time for Nightwalk was 4 hours. I was drenched and with the breeze, i was freaking shivering. haha.. Then i think i went into hibernation. some may call it falling asleep. HAHAAHHA. then 2 groups came and i wasnt moving at all or scaring them. Fucking funny. hahahahah...

Day 5

Regatta! It was the final clash. It was awesome. Though Design didn't win any trophies, we all did have fun. We jus cheered and cheered like mad till i almost lost my voice. hahahahhaha.... Natt on that day already lost her voice. HAHAHAHA... she was like whispering. It was funny. Then, wen she spoke, it was even funnier. HAHAHA... sorry natt but it was really funny. hahaha... I was dead tired but still had energy for Jam and Hop at night.

Jam and Hop was fun. It was for the whole of TP. Met Fran, Veron and Marissa there. Though we didn't really dance, we went to the field and lied down on the grass and star gazed. Then we started running around the field and turning like tornadoes. Then some man asked us whether we were ok. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Then we moved to the big cushion thingy for like high jumps i think. Then we all tried doing somersaults. Sarah was the funniest. HAHAHAHA. It was super after all of that then it was back home.
Debrief was very emotional for many. Even I was moved. Its like the end of each other's company. It was the end of fun. It was like back to reality.
All the experiences are not enough to fit a blog. It was really a great experience. I've changed for the better ever since camp. I love school to the max. PROGRAM ON STRIKE, IF YOU READ THIS. EH NATT, YOUR NOT ON STRIKE. JOEY DOWN! SARAH U HEARD ME, ON STRIKE! AMANDA STOP LAUGHING, IM SERIOUS. VERON, ON STRIKE NOT GRIND. HAHAHAHHAHA!

Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 5/05/2008 11:15:00 pm