Monday, November 24, 2008
Multi Racial
I'm still in school doing editing.
Wah i swear everyone just speaks mandarin.
Why not English, French or German?
Anyway it does get annoying working on a project when you don't freaking understand what is going on. And when you say English or smthng, it is like a short activation. It works for just a few lines then back to Channel 8 or smthng. And people can complain i dont say much. I aint CHINESE SPEAKIN! anyway, luckily this week is the last week for our editing. We r on a super mad rush staying in sch at this hour. I'm sure tomorrow will be just the same. I don't think our video is that good. I enjoyed the whole OST idea but to be honest, i didnt really enjoy the company of a group of chinese speaking people. Knowing you r directing something where convos bursts out in chinese. It gets sad and lonely. but who cares right?
I was walking along the road and i overheard a few conversations. To be honest, they were all in mandarin. What is happening to Singapore?! An english country once ruled by the british, yet having a malay song as its national anthem, is made up of alot of chinese speaking individuals. Firstly, how is communication in the business world gonna happen like this? in addition, alot of china ppl are heading to singapore to do "the jobs many Singaporeans do not want to be associated with". you got to learn how to speak mandarin to even order a plate of chicken rice. How pathetic. People with my race, Eurasians, are unknown. It is like Singapore on the world map, just a dot. People associate my kind to be malays or indians just because we are tanned and do not have slit eyes nor yellow skin. Quite ironic though... but that's just life in this Multi Racial Country.
Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 11/24/2008 10:03:00 pm