Tuesday, February 03, 2009
NAPFA
One big challenge succumbed today! The army Napfa. All the weeks of training and trying to lose weight, all finally paid off. I didn't really lose any weight, i put on, but, it was all good. I guess i lost fats and gained muscles frm gyming and stuff. I surprisingly passed by 5 stations when i thought i would fail due to either standing broad jump, or pull ups. I suck at jumping and for pull ups we had to do it the secondary school way, or some may say the less pussy way. I was like shits! surely will fail, time to pack up and leave. Then, i just said give it a shot. Then i started praying. I was like please Jesus, help me to pass this at least. Then when i went there, i took off my sex band, then walla! i passed. 7 pull-ups but 6 recorded cos my leg hit the wall. bummer! Then for standing broad jump, i got 2.2 which is a D. the first time i did it i got like 2.13. i was like shits! haha... then i tried again. Then, the main event, 2.4km run.
We had to run this 2.4km distance which felt like a 10km distance. I had no ipod to distract me from being tired. But then again, i just said, do it. then i just prayed again. actually it wasnt really prayers prayers but kinda talking to god? i was like please help me to pass this. Last station then no more Napfa. well... whatever you wanna call it, it worked! haha.. you should try that some time. I've been drifting from church n all.. dun find it interesting. i do god's works but i don't fully believe in what i do anymore. but i guess this was an eye opener. Plus, after stepping down as secretary, i feel i have more time to think of myself then to think of how to get everyone to listen, cos no one or barely anyone does. but then again, i think it's just a matter of faith. We had a comm prayer meet at janice's house that day and we had to say the rosary. I was like... OMG. so boring... cant be bothered... i shouldn't have come.. etc. bt during the prayers i felt that i have drifted so far, as if im like the prodigal son. then, i felt, i have to start soul searching again. it was good... real good. i sound like some protestant preacher, but honestly, these things do get you back or at least wake you up from where u are, if not the dead. Anyway, the focus here was about the 2.4km run. The moment i started, i felt like quitting. I was like tired... shits... boring... should i just walk.. then a voice kept telling me, this is your last station, pass this and no more of this crap, no more napfa.. then everytime i thot i can't do this, the voice said, c'mon just a bit more, just a bit more.. then, i reached the last bit where there was this trainer of this guy behind me who was trying to get the fella to run faster, i guess its his training coach or something cos he was only focusing on that boy to overtake me. Then, when i heard that, i quickly ran faster so he couldn't. Muahaha... evil arent I? despite the big difficulty to breathe, i just persisted. A little pain to overcome a future burden... It was tough and i came in 5th position for 2.4km. Not bad... not bad at all.. at least no more exercising till army... i hope...
Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 2/03/2009 01:57:00 am