Wednesday, March 25, 2009
What is photography to me?
Interesting topic.
What is photography to me?
Well, judging that I'm more of a film student than a photography student, I can't give the best answer. But I do have a keen interest in photography n modelling.
So, anyway, photography is merely catching stills of something or someone, drawing it's uniqueness and expressions by composing the elements in the picture to invoke emotions into viewers eyes. It is only a tool in which one could express a story or message, and could only be taken once. Hence, every still is unique because one can never take two of the same exact stills on different occasions.
I guess that sums up what I feel about photography and me. I never really thought about it and what I wrote is 100% original. However, i find photography interesting as I get to express both myself, through style, and my objects or models. So, that is like killing two birds with 1 stone. It doesn't matter what camera you use. I only got my DSLR(digital single lens reflex, for those who didn't know) camera a few months back, less than 6, however, I've been taking pictures for ages. I decided from my Canon Powershot s3IS when i wanted to earn a reputation and upgrade myself. It's a hobby, a passion, a game. How we invoke it is entirely up to us. A pictures speaks a thousand words, photography on the other hand, speaks a million, but I'm sure you do not want me to go babbling on too much and going out of point. So, this is hence, the summary of what photography means to me.
Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 3/25/2009 02:21:00 pm