Thursday, July 23, 2009
Deception Point
I've never knew this day will come to a close... War with the world, or is it just me against it? The phone rings. I rush to this vintage looking handphone at the corner of a stairwell.
"It's me Bruce, where are you?" Sandra shouts in fear.
This whole panic which has gone around in this world, all because technology decides to take a toll on people's lives. Y2k has surpassed and we are at the brink of what we call as nostalgic memories of our reminent past. Technology, a computer, a phone, an mp3. This is what is happening in the world today. The idealistic memories of chips, which is small, minute, yet has the ability to transform the average human to a lean, mean piece of crap.
"I am in this old house of Parvatti Street. This is the only place i can get my refuge from. I'm tired of this Sandra, im tired of placing a pricetag on everything i do or say... This is it. The time, the time when i can make my own decisions...." I was going on.
"Don't be silly, we are all here for you.." Sandra cuts in.
I sit along the staircase and ponder on what she has just said.
"NO! You don't understand me. You would never understand me. Not you, not George, not mom or dad, and definitely not Sally. If it wasn't for them, i would not be here today. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shouted as I hung up the handphone.
I sat in this dark, dusty staircase as the dust and mites fell on me. I looked up at the window, where a ray of sunlight from the outside casted in.. and thought... there is still hope for a tomorrow. I've just got to wait and see...
Posted by Alexander Thaddeus Kow at 7/23/2009 03:16:00 pm